NetGalley Badges

25 Book Reviews Frequently Auto-Approved Professional Reader

Friday, April 9, 2021

Ain't Love Grand?!

Release Date: April 13, 2021


Hi, my name is Kim and I am a hopeful romantic.  Even at the age of 44, single, and being told by all the data in the world that my chances of finding love are slimmer and slimmer, I still 100% believe in love.
I love rom-com movies and romance books.  The stories in Love in Color are rich, poignant, and downright beautiful.  

In her debut collection, internationally acclaimed writer Bolu Babalola retells the most beautiful love stories from history and mythology with incredible new detail and vivacity. Focusing on the magical folktales of West Africa, Babalola also reimagines Greek myths, ancient legends from the Middle East, and stories from long-erased places.


Each story is the essence of a re-telling from various cultures around the world, with love being the central theme. Bolu does an amazing job with expressing what love is...she paints pictures with it, you hear songs with it, you want to wrap up in it. It is simply beautiful.


Rating: 💖💖💖💖/5


Author Bolu Babalola




No comments:

Post a Comment

All about the Witches...

Small Town, Big Magic by Hazel Beck I picked this up because it was romance and had witches in it. S/N I will give anything that has wi...